Olivia Palmer lives and works in Walton-on-Thames. She currently works for a community housing group and has previously been involved with a number of charities. Olivia has an undergraduate degree in Philosophy and Human Rights and a masters’ degree in Human Rights and International Relations.
Esher and Walton is a beautiful leafy constituency in which I am proud and privileged to live and work. We need to protect our trees and green spaces, our parks, commons and heaths. We need to protect our air quality against ever increasing traffic and our riverside homes from the risk of devastating floods like we saw last year. We need to protect our older population, our disabled people and our poorer residents against unfair cuts to our much needed public services. Despite its overall wealth, Esher and Walton is home to some people living in poverty. I want to make sure that these vulnerable groups do not get left behind.
Green Party national policies:
- close tax loopholes – make sure corporations pay their share
- abolish tuition fees
- abolish fracking
- keep NHS in public hands
- secure, affordable housing
- better, cheaper public transport
Locally, I’d like to achieve:
- protect trees, parks, commons & other green spaces
- better and more affordable public transport,
- increased and safer routes for cyclists and pedestrians,
- local healthcare facilities,
- community based help and services for older and vulnerable people.