Salmon Chilli Pasta
Salmon Chilli Pasta
This fantastic recipe was sent in to us by a Sarah, a member of The Hersham Hub Community FB Group .
I’m attempting to try all of the recipes that we publish so I really do hope ive done this justice, the recipe is Sarah’s, the pictures accompanying it are mine.
Large handful of baby tomatoes
Chopped chillies to taste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/1/2″ grated fresh ginger
1/1/2 teaspoon crushed lemongrass(from a jar)
1/2 tub half fat creme fraiche
1 small fillet of salmon per person
Handful of frozen prawns ( if you like)
Pasta, either spaghetti, penne, or tagliatelli. Salt & pepper.
Chopped coriander & grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- I used 3 bird eye chilli’s which certainly created some heat.
- I managed to forget the optional prawns when shopping for the ingredients earlier today so those werent included in my dish.
- I used tagliatelli as my pasta of choice.
- Cook the pasta according to packet, drain & save half a mug of the cooking water. Stir in olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes in deep frying pan with a little olive oil & cook for a couple minutes, add the chilli, lemongrass, ginger & garlic & cook until tomatoes are slightly softened.
- Chop salmon into bite size pieces, place skin side down into pan, cook for 2 mins, stir everything, add creme fraiche & some of the saved pasta water, heat together, season & mix with the pasta
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander & grated parmesan cheese
I really enjoyed this, it had a good chilli kick which was nicely balanced by the coolness of the salmon and creme fraiche, you can just about pick up the grated parmesan running through it which adds to the delicious depth of flavour.
Anyone who knows my cooking style will tell you I’m VERY slow (!) but I went from ingredients laid out to sitting down and eating in 30 minutes.
Very tasty and very quick. Will definitely be cooking this again.
Find more recipes on The Hersham Hub here: