Assistant Supervisor – Garden Care
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR –
Hours: Full-time, rota basis including alternate weekends
Salary: £21,504 – £22,812
Location: Esher, Surrey
Garsons is an award winning family run independent business currently running two sites at Esher and Titchfield. Our philosophy is to develop our team and ensure that the right level of autonomy is given to each individual so that everyone can enjoy their role.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Supervisor to join the Garden Care team at our garden centre in Esher.
The responsibilities of the role are to:
- Ensure merchandising and housekeeping standards of the sundries department are kept to the Garsons standards.
- Ensure displays are innovative, practical and maintained, and that these are refreshed on a regular basis.
- Provide our customers with an exceptional level of service.
- Order product using our retail management system.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Carry out every day duties such as advising customers; stock replenishment; stock taking; lifting and moving stock.
- Be responsible for the whole department in the absence of your Line Manager.
- Assist your Line Manager in their role and undertake any task as deemed reasonable.
- Cashing up tills and assisting in locking up at the end of the day.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have retail shop floor experience within a busy environment.
- Be competent and confident with computer work.
- Enjoy working as part of a highly motivated team.
- Be able to work on their own initiative.
Garsons offers the following staff benefits as part of its package:
- Staff discount card.
- 28 days paid holiday.
- Long service award.
- Christmas and summer parties.
- Free PYO fruit and veg at designated times at our Esher site.
- Free parking on site.
Garsons are a Gold Accredited Investors in People organisation.
Closing date for completed applications: 11th May 2018